Friday, March 17, 2006

OK lets talk Treo 650



I know the Treo 650 has been out over a year, but it is still the number 2 all-in-one handset out there. I am fairly new to the game, and I LOVE mine. I promised a friend of mine to help get him acclimated to his, so.... Here are my top ten add on apps (drum roll in background)...


1. DateBk5. This takes the Calendar app and pumps it up on steroids. It has become an extension to my brain.
2. PowerRUN. Moves many apps to your SD card. Almost no added delay. This little app was the make it or break it for me to move from my "Batman utility" belt of phone, camera, and Sony Clie´to an all-in-one.
3. Butler. Great for simple alarm interface, turning off that annoying blinking green light, and all sorts of "interface management" options
4. MyBible. A great Bible program that allows multiple versions (NLT, NIV, etc), adding of notes, highlighting, bookmarking, and much more. Laridian, the makers of MyBible, offer a free verse memorization tool and a free specialized book reader that can be used for daily devotions or reading plans. Both of these free-bees integrate very well with MyBible.
5. VolumeCare. Tweaks the volume settings so the volume can be doubled and the settings can be separate for handset, speaker phone, or hands free.
6. pTunes. Turns your Treo into an iPod. You are only limited by the size of your SD card.
7. FileZ. FREE. The best file management utility I have found. It has been my only means for deleting some stubborn file bits from trialware gone bad. And did I mention it's FREE?
8. BackupBuddy VFS Pro. The best money I have ever spent on any Palm app EVER. You can back everything (yes everything, including registrations, passwords, hidden files, all of it)to your SD card to restore from when bad things happen. Also comes with a computer app (both Windows and Mac) to backup everything at hotsync.
9. Documents to Go Premium Edition 8. Now you can open/read/edit/compose Word, Excel, Power Point, and PDF files on your Palm. With this latest verion you can even move the apps to your SD card!
10. Ringo. Now you can use MP3s as ringtones. It also alows you to assign ringtones to individuals or groups.



OK that's my top 10. I will get into games next time around.

No comments: